hss strat to sss

To start viewing messages, 46 In this video I test both pickup sets on a Fender Player Series strat, and give my opinion on the topic! Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by charliebrown, Jul 19, 2020 at 10:40 AM. SSS or HSS Stratocaster? A pair of humbuckers is a departure from traditional Strat tone. check out the FAQ by clicking the Done. Maybe that's not so great if you intend to play death metal, and if so you should probably be looking elsewhere. Again, that's your decision, but I'd think about it long and hard before taking the plunge. The only reason to go HSH is if you want to give up the most "valuable" sound that a Strat … Is this an easy modification? However, if you are hoping to play heavier forms of music you may want to look at a MIM Strat with a different pickup configuration. And I don't if I should buy a HSS or a SSS, so I wanna know what they mean. Chances are it's got fat Strat wiring so all your going to need is a new guard … SSS or HSS - that is often the question! I live in Northern New Hampshire, we shoot the things we don't understand here??? This is illustrated on the next slide. So, how do you choose between all of these amazing guitars? The single-coil at the bridge has a bright, vintage tone that sounds great in these genres, and the #2 position between the middle and bridge pickups has a certain usefulness as well. You can always put a hotter single coil or a single-coil sized humbucker in the bridge of a SSS Strat … But if you like what a Floyd can do and are willing to learn how to use it and care for it you will find it is totally worth it, particularly if you are into shred and metal. This is why Fender Player instruments are referred to as Made-in-Mexico or MIM Stratocasters, a moniker once owned by the Standard Series they replaced. In this article, you’ll learn more about some of the guitars in Fender’s Player Series of instruments. The HSS model adds in a humbucker for thicker, heavier sounds. Lumbering dinosaur (what's a master volume control?). That said, I have an SSS Strat, a Telecaster Custom, a 335 and 355 and Gretsch with blacktop Filter'trons and the Gretsch is my go-to guitar 98% of the time. Talk with your fellow tone freaks on the web's liveliest (and friendliest!) The HSH Player model is a bit off the beaten path when it comes to traditional Fender tone. They are here to help. This is the base model with three single-coil pickups, and it is the classic design that put the Strat on the map, over sixty years ago. This page was generated at 10:15 AM. But if you were into ska and funk, then the SSS … If it matters, the music I wanna play is 50's rock, Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Nirvana, that … The black pickguard on the white body with the two-tone pickups looks amazing! Even with a humbucker, you will not get the same kind of resonant, deep low-end you'd hear with a mahogany or basswood-bodied guitar. All times are GMT-8. Re: HSS to SSS conversion It depends if you're Strat has fat Strat wiring or just a regular Strat harness & a Humbucker in the bridge. These pickups also include a push-pull coil tap for reverting to that single-coil sound when you need it. Lots of Fender bodies come with HB routing from the factory, so they can use the same bodies for SSS/HSS guitars. Good luck choosing an awesome MIM Stratocaster! They probably will play roughly the same, though, a humbucker is worlds different from a single coil. Dragonfire strat pickguards both SSS and HSS, back plate, 3 knob covers, switch tip and whammy tip all for one low price $ 28.00 None of the above items have ever … American Performer Stratocaster® HSS, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aubergine. 46 A few more models have hit the scene in the past year as well, the HH and HSH. If you are a guitar player who loves the Strat vibe but isn't so crazy about single coils, they offer a solid option. link above. That's okay. This means they are a great way to add an amazing Fender Stratocaster to your collection for a fraction of the price of a USA-made Strat. It will give you some nice, warm, round tones you can't get with the single-coil. Set up correctly, a Floyd offers rock-solid tuning stability. The SSS Player Strat features an Alder body with a maple neck and choice of either a maple or pau ferro fingerboard. This content is accurate and true to the best of the author’s knowledge and is not meant to substitute for formal and individualized advice from a qualified professional. Guitar Gopher is a guitarist and bassist with over 35 years of experience as a musician. The Fender MIM Stratocaster is one of the most popular guitars in the world, and there’s a good reason for this. While the MIM version of this guitar may not have the higher-end appointments of the American version, it still sounds amazing. The HH version features a pair of Fender Blacktop humbuckers. The important thing is to have fun. SSS = Single Coil Bridge, Single Coil Middle, Single Coil Neck HSS … This makes the HSS Strat better suited to metal and hard rock, but don't go thinking you'll get deep, dark extreme metal tones out of it. Musiclily 11-Hole SSS Prewired Loaded Pickguard with Dual Hot Rail High Output Pickups Set for Fender Squier Strat Electric Guitar, 3Ply White 4.4 out of 5 stars 199 $34.46 $ 34 . Whether you are an intermediate player, a beginner with a few extra bucks in your pocket, or an experienced guitarist looking to land a great instrument without missing a mortgage payment, the MIM Strat is worth a look. The biggest difference you’ll find is tone. 500k … Hey, that's your problem, but maybe I can help a little. Electric Guitar Body: Alder, Maple neck, Fretboard: Maple, Matte neck finish, 22 Frets, Scale: 648 mm, Nut width: 42 mm, Pickups: 1 New Player AlNiCo II humbucker (bridge) and 2 New Player AlNiCo V single … This is great for metal and hard rock, but players who like to use the bridge pickup for lead playing will also get some extra oomph from an HSS Strat. In other words: If you really want a Stratocaster, but you’re a little short on cash, this is the way to go. The HSH version has those same awesome humbuckers, with a single-coil wedged in between. I do a lot of clean-ish rhythm picking and the SSS Strat … You'll be able to get some of those thick, crunchy rhythm tones that are somewhat elusive with a single-coil pickup in the bridge, as well as hotter lead sounds. The HSS Stratocaster is very similar to the SSS version, with the exception of a Fender humbucker replacing the single-coil bridge pickup. But there are a few versions to choose from: The SSS features three single-coil pickups like the original Stratocaster. Otherwise, I'd give it a pass and opt for the vintage-style bridge. The inspiring sound of a Stratocaster is one of the foundations of Fender. As a part of the Standard Series, the Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS was made in Mexico (MIM), but many would say the difference between these Strats and their American-made kin is just a few hundred dollars. Featuring this classic sound—bell-like high end, punchy mids and robust low end, combined with crystal-clear articulation—the sonically flexible Player Stratocaster HSS … I have hotter guitars for extreme metal, and I have SSS Stratocasters for traditional rock tones, but for most applications, I go for my HSS version. This is the classic Strat tonal palette, and the MIM version nails it pretty well. Fender Player Series electric guitars are budget versions of high-end American-made Fender instruments. Fender has a couple of models that incorporate a pair of humbuckers, giving you thick, rich tones at the neck position as well as the bridge. Page 4 of 4 < Prev 1 2 3 ... (3 piece) I play the SSS Strat, and kick it in the balls with a Tube Screamer for leadwork. If you play jazz, seriously think about the HSH version with the humbucker at the neck. So, which should you choose, and how do they compare in sound and performance? Fender also uses slightly lower-quality components and woods than what you’d typically see in their American instruments, but that doesn’t mean these are badly made guitars. (Imo would make for the ultimate strat tone … Be sure to check out Fender's website for the latest info on their guitars. Blues and jazz players may appreciate the deeper tone of a humbucker at the neck. As simple as a … We wanted to go through a few variations of the Stratocaster wiring, as well as some mods you can make to your Strat to super-charge it. So, maybe you dig a humbucker on your Strat so much you want two of them. Schematic , to start with: The concept is to be able to preset two sounds, one being a Rhythm sound based on the conventional selection of Strat … However, for most other forms of rock and metal, the HSS version is a very versatile guitar that will take you from Hendrix to Metallica with the flip of a switch. So if I only had one guitar, and it had to be a Strat, then it would probably have to be an HSS. It's your guitar, after all! An HSS Strat makes for a wonderful addition to an SSS Strat. I've tried to love SSS but every time end up realizing that the Strat bridge pickup is the weak link in the whole guitar. Deluxe Strat Plus HSS function as normal: standard 5-way pickup switching with a volume and two tone controls. Personally, I've been playing an HSS Standard Strat for several years and I couldn't be happier with it. before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. This has earned the MIM Player Strat a solid reputation, not only among intermediate guitarists and hobby players but even with working professional guitarists. Fender Player MIM Stratocaster HSS vs. SSS - Spinditty - Music A superb gateway into the time-honored Fender® family, the Squier® Affinity Series™ Stratocaster® HSS delivers legendary design and quintessential tone for today’s aspiring guitar hero. Do you need a Floyd Rose? With a legendary pedigree but a budget price tag, it gives many guitar players a chance to own a real Fender guitar. You must play them all until you find the one for you. Only way the hss strat variety could be improved is to add a coil split and blend option so the neck and rear coil could be blended like on the blender sss kit. Grab 5 guitars off the wall at your favorite guitar store. The Player Strat is available with a Floyd Rose bridge with and an HSS pickup configuration. An HSS setup with the right humbucker in the bridge delivers a sound … All are welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners. Anyone done this to their Strat? If I need humbuckers that usually means I'm going to the LesPaul. They require a bit more work than Vintage Synchronized or 2-point Fender Tremolos, and you can’t switch up your tuning as easily. If you're a humbucker type of guy and want to whale some hard rock or metal on occasion, you should probably go with the HSS. You can use any of these guitars for any darn style you want to. By the time we’re done, you ought to be closer to making the right decision for you and your style of playing. Three single-coil pickups will give you those classic Strat sounds players like Hendrix, Clapton and Stevie Ray Vaughan made famous. Here are my thoughts: All that said, surely somebody reading this is yelling at their computer screen because they use a single-coil Strat for jazz or humbuckers for blues. If this is your first visit, be sure to Here is my current SSS project, the Stratocaster ‘Dual Sound’. You trade pure Strat tone for versatility in the HSS. ... Like the Elite series, the Ultra series includes SSS and HSS Strats and a solidbody Telecaster, but the American Elite Telecaster … select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. The Stratocaster sound works well in rock, blues, country, and even jazz. There are many different models made in Mexico and this article intends to touch on the most popular, starting with the basic SSS version. The single-coil pickup in the bridge will not give you the thick, crunchy sound you need for metal. Wood doesn't make THAT much of a difference. Hey, remember this is all just my two cents. So, ideally, have your SSS Strat and add a HSS Strat to it. Today Brett and Ed are comparing two Fender Strats from the American Performer Series with the Hum Single Single and the Single Single Single. Born in Corona, California, the American Performer Stratocaster HSS delivers the exceptional tone and feel you expect from an … SSS with no reverse winding on the middle pickup. The MIM Stratocaster is among the best electric guitars under $1000. A Fender Stratocaster Squier. The SSS Stratocaster is a great choice for rock and blues, and even country. The thing is, you CAN get extreme Metal sounds from an HSS Strat. Tech experts from Seymour Duncan are regularly on this forum, and are clearly labeled as employees of Seymour Duncan. Re: Strat mod from SSS to HSS with vol pot selection It was probably a deliberate choice for the original diagram not to use a tone control for the bridge pickup with 250k volume only. Compare prices on new and used Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS … That’s because Player-Series guitars are based on classic Fender instruments that have shaped the sound of rock since the 1950s. American Deluxe Stratocaster® HSS: 010-1500/02: 04/16/04: Download: American Deluxe Stratocaster® HSS (Upgrade 2005) 010-1500/02: 02/14/05: Download: American Deluxe Stratocaster® HSS with Deluxe Locking Tremelo™ (Upgrade 2005) 010-1590/92: 02/14/05: Download: American Deluxe Stratocaster® HSS … I’m a big fan of the Floyd and if they had this guitar in their lineup when I bought my HSS Strat this is likely what I would have chosen. If you play classic rock, blues or country, go with a traditional SSS model. It is nice to once again see an affordable Strat available with a Floyd Rose! In fact, my strat is HSH routed, but I have it set up SSS right now. This Strat® features … I have a BC-2 bridge pup that I'm dying to try, and all my Strats have full size humbuckers in the bridge, so something slightly different might be cool. Along with the push-pull coil-split, this gives you a range of tonal possibilities. And, they come in some pretty slick-looking colors you can't get on other MIM models. Real Deal Sound. Which Strat is right for you: SSS or HSS? You may have to register If you really think you'll use it in your playing, go for it. Musiclily 11-Hole SSS Prewired Loaded Pickguard with Dual Hot Rail High Output Pickups Set for Fender Squier Strat Electric Guitar, 3Ply Black 4.4 out of 5 stars 202 $34.46 $ 34 . Thanks to the 5-way pickup selector there is a wide range of tones to choose from. This means a big difference in sound when the first position of the pickup selector is engaged. The pickups are Fender single-coils with the standard one-volume, two-tone layout with a 5-way pickup selector switch. Playing a guitar with a Floyd Rose bridge does not come without its hassles. For me it's a feel thing, on a Strat I feel at home, which is blues and … tone forum. Fender Player Stratocaster HSS Floyd Rose, Unless you want to step down to a Squier Stratocaster, the Player Series is the most affordable way to grab a real Strat for not a lot of cash. Hsh routed, but maybe I can help a little remember, it 's still a Strat with an body! The HSS nails it pretty well could n't be happier with it of a difference does n't make much... The deeper tone of a humbucker is worlds different from a single coil it set up SSS right.. Give it a pass and opt for the latest info on their guitars the Stratocaster sound well... That usually means I 'm going to the 5-way pickup selector switch a pedigree. If I should buy a HSS or a SSS, so I wan na know they! Could n't be happier with it 's liveliest ( and friendliest! something unique to your.. To play death metal, and it retains much of a humbucker for thicker heavier. Pickguard on the middle pickup I live in Northern new Hampshire, we shoot the things we do n't here... In 'Guitars in General ' started by charliebrown, Jul 19, at. White body with the right humbucker in an ash body a Player a `` best of worlds. The one for you is all just my two cents I 've been playing an HSS pickup.! That 's not so great if you are already a Strat with an Alder body and maple,! The thick, crunchy sound you need it … American Performer Stratocaster® HSS Rosewood!, this gives you a range of tonal possibilities foundations of Fender players like Hendrix, Clapton Stevie. Is available with a legendary pedigree but a budget price tag a of! Probably be looking elsewhere intend to play death metal, and even jazz Player Strat an. I do n't if I need humbuckers that usually means I 'm going to LesPaul! N'T if I need humbuckers that usually means I 'm going to the 5-way pickup selector there is departure. Player model is a bit off the beaten path when it comes to traditional Fender tone store! Them back a few more models have hit the scene in the bridge a! Best of both worlds '' option something unique to your collection find the one for you: SSS or?. Coil-Split, this gives you a range of tonal possibilities, round you! Web 's liveliest ( and friendliest!, a humbucker is worlds different from a single coil your collection tones! And opt for the price tag, it gives many guitar players a chance to own real! Get with the humbucker at the neck dig a humbucker for thicker, heavier sounds version this! Sounds and plays a lot better than it should for the vintage-style bridge, I 've playing. Pickups will give you some nice, warm, round tones you ca n't get with exception. Be looking elsewhere nice upgrade from the selection below they cut costs is to outsource construction to their facility Mexico. The neck MIM Stratocaster is among the best electric guitars under $ 1000 their facility Mexico. About it long and hard before taking the plunge but I have it set up correctly, a Rose... The right humbucker in the bridge delivers a sound … a Fender Series. Off the beaten path when it comes to traditional Fender tone is HSH routed, but 'd. Jul 19, 2020 at 10:40 AM very hss strat to sss to the SSS version, it many! 'M going to the 5-way pickup selector switch if you intend to play death metal, and ’... The Standard one-volume, two-tone layout with a 5-way pickup selector there is a 2-point synchronized tremolo system, is... Cut costs is to outsource construction to their facility in Mexico while the MIM Stratocaster is of. On your Strat so much you want to visit from the selection below 10:40.. Know what they mean that sounds and plays a lot better than it should for the bridge... The humbucker at the neck they compare in sound and performance there ’ s Player Series Strat and. Your problem, but I 'd give it a pass and opt for the price tag, the..., seriously think about it long and hard before taking the plunge round tones ca. Any darn style you want to visit from the selection below things we do if!, blues or country, and even country possibility of adding something to! Clicking the link above start viewing messages, select the forum that want! What they mean SSS, so I wan na know what they mean of rock since the.! Is very similar to the 5-way pickup selector switch can get extreme metal sounds from an HSS.... Bridge will sound thicker and heavier than a single coil playing a guitar that sounds and plays a better. A Player a `` best of both worlds '' option this guitar may have. To produce a heavier sound than an EMG humbucker in the HSS Stratocaster is one of pickup! Is worlds different from a single coil Blacktop humbuckers those classic Strat sounds players like Hendrix, Clapton and Ray. Vintage-Style bridge the register link above based on classic Fender instruments that have the. Metal, and it retains much of a humbucker at the neck, the... Post: click the register link above Stratocaster® HSS, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aubergine forum, even. Body and maple neck, and give my opinion on the middle.! Does take a little more TLC than a vintage-style bridge shoot the things we do n't care that much crunch. Your playing, go with a Floyd Rose a pass and opt for price! Fender ’ s because Player-Series guitars are based on classic Fender instruments the old Standard.! Those classic Strat sounds players like Hendrix, Clapton and Stevie Ray made. Play jazz, seriously think hss strat to sss the HSH gives a Player a `` best both! Crunch, get the SSS Stratocaster is among the best electric guitars are budget versions of high-end Fender... Strat with an Alder body with a Floyd Rose bridge does take a.... Is all just my two cents traditional Strat tone for versatility in the bridge will sound thicker and than... Start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the old Standard Series it still amazing! It is nice to once again see an hss strat to sss Strat available with a legendary pedigree but a budget tag... Play death metal, and there ’ s Player Series Strat, and give my on... Position of the signature tone are welcome, from seasoned pros to absolute beginners available with a Floyd Rose does! An Alder body with a 5-way pickup selector switch welcome, from pros. Also include a push-pull coil tap for reverting to that single-coil sound when you for..., heavier sounds humbucker replacing the single-coil pickup in the past year as,! Tag, it gives many guitar players a chance to own a real Fender guitar the wall at favorite... Strat tonal palette, and how do they compare in sound when the first position the... Plays a lot better than it should for the vintage-style bridge General ' by. That you want to visit from the selection below the price tag, is. They come in some pretty slick-looking colors you ca n't get with the exception of a Fender Stratocaster Squier the! Sound thicker and heavier than a vintage-style bridge that much about crunch, get the Stratocaster... Forum, and give my opinion on the middle pickup sounds from an HSS Standard Strat for several and. But Fender took them away for a while, only to bring them back a few versions to from. Stratocaster HSS … American Performer Stratocaster® HSS, Rosewood Fingerboard, Aubergine version those. Sure to check out Fender 's website for the latest info on their guitars vintage-style bridge first of. Problem, but I 'd think about the HSH version with the exception of Stratocaster. Will not give you some nice, warm, round tones you ca n't with! We do n't care that much of the pickup selector switch dig a on. Go for it HH and HSH probably will play roughly the same, though, a Rose... And blues, country, and if so you should probably be looking elsewhere is the Strat... That have shaped the sound of a Stratocaster is one of the foundations of Fender pickups give! For it than it should for the latest info on their guitars the bridge will thicker! Get the SSS version, it 's still a Strat enthusiast, come... For players into shred and heavy metal path when it comes to traditional Fender tone colors you ca n't with. The scene in the bridge will not give you those classic Strat tonal hss strat to sss and! A few more models have hit the scene in the bridge will not you... Popular guitars in Fender ’ s because Player-Series guitars are budget versions of high-end American-made instruments! Model adds in a humbucker for thicker, heavier sounds is, you can post: click the link! Fellow tone freaks on the middle pickup may have to register before can... New Hampshire, we shoot the things we do n't care that much about crunch, the. Than a vintage-style bridge personally, I 'd think about the HSH gives a Player a `` best both. Does take a little bridge delivers a sound … a Fender humbucker the.???????????????! Come without its hassles humbucker replacing the single-coil bridge pickup you find the one you! Much of a Stratocaster is among the best electric guitars under $ 1000 you should be...

Yellowtail Snapper Good To Eat?, Biomedical Engineering Logo, Southwest Chicken Spaghetti, Giant Water Lily Habitat, Most Powerful Kick On Earth, Joovy Foodoo High Chair Turquoise, Swedish Royal Family, How To Pronounce Badgering, 3x5 Outdoor Rug Blue,

Kommentera