facebook program manager interview questions

My friend at Facebook saw a TPM position that was roughly a 100% match for my skills and put me in for an interview. Anand Parikh is the Manager of the Data Centers and Networking (DCN) division of Technical Program Managers at Facebook. He has a Civil Engineering degree… Our initial interview serves as a screening step to determine whether to continue with a full series of onsite interviews. Give me an example of how you've dealt with conflicting priorities across programs you've managed. For a program manager role at facebook : After a phone interview with the manager, I got an email from the recruiter that they want to move forward and that they will send me a written assessment to complete, which will involve excel and PowerPoint. Fitbit, Go to company page After phone screen, got an onsite interview with 5 PMs. Menlo Park, CA +2 more. (Virtual) on-site across 4 domains My experience was great up until I was awaiting word back from the company post on-site interview. Here’s Exactly What to Write to Get Top Dollar, Data Protection/Privacy Project Manager Inter­views, Senior Technical Program Manager Inter­views, How To Follow Up After an Interview (With Templates! It's really sad to see how they treat potential candidates. Here are the four most important things you can do to get an offer as a Facebook technical program manager. State Farm, Go to company page I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in April 2018. I was asked to put together a presentation that included some complex problems that I solved as a program manager (why and how) and then standard interview questions. 3.1K likes. Facebook Program Manager Interview Questions. Applied Online. I applied through other source. went by until I was told that there was not going to be an offer. The information provided is from their perspective. 32 % Recruiter. Go to company page Your response will be removed from the review – this cannot be undone. A Facebook software engineer candidate said: “After the interview, I wasn't sure if I would be happy working at Facebook so they let me come back and speak with my would-be manager … Interview Questions; Administration and Office Support; Program Managers oversee connected projects within the organization to ensure that they are mutually beneficial and align with the company objectives. 3.1 Learn about Facebook's culture. I was attending a career fair that was on a Friday. Facebook Careers on facebook.com/facebookcareers/ and on Instagram @facebooklife, Connecting the world takes every one of us. Applied Online. Application. Everything was conducted very smoothly. Recently I’ve been interviewing for two new roles within my team, Program Manager and Project Manager. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA (US)) in April 2018. An interview for a manager position will consist of questions about your experience, management style, what you've accomplished in the past, and what your expectations are for the future. Project Manager Interview Questions and Answers. Yes that's true , TPM role is always very broad and have lots of expectation . I want to make sure I’m prepared and that I don’t get any surprises.Thanks! I applied online. 3.1 Learn about Facebook's culture. Interview. The following interview questions are appropriate for a program manager role in a large organization. Free interview details posted anonymously by Facebook interview candidates. Thanks for sharing your feedback. Positive. That’s where practice … My biggest issue with Facebook is the extraordinary amount of time to wait for a decision or update after the on-site. Facebook Data Protection/Privacy Project Manager Jobs, Privacy Program Manager Jobs in San Francisco, Privacy Program Manager Jobs in Sunnyvale, Privacy Program Manager Jobs in Menlo Park, Privacy Program Manager Jobs in Mountain View, Privacy Program Manager Jobs in Foster City, Privacy Program Manager Jobs in Redwood City, 9 Attention-Grabbing Cover Letter Examples, 10 of the Best Companies for Working From Home, The Top 20 Jobs With the Highest Satisfaction, 12 Companies That Will Pay You to Travel the World, 7 Types of Companies You Should Never Work For, How to Become the Candidate Recruiters Can’t Resist, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in San Francisco, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Sunnyvale, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Seattle, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Menlo Park, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in New York, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Mountain View, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Redmond, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in San Jose, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Bellevue, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Foster City, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Redwood City, Privacy Program Manager Salaries in Austin, 11 Words and Phrases to Use in Salary Negotiations, 10 High-Paying Jobs With Tons of Open Positions, Negotiating Over Email? You are expected to be excellent in both Technical and project Managment stuff. Are you sure you want to remove this interview from being featured for this targeted profile? Initial recruiter interview 2. I applied online. Program managers shape a program and manage its delivery to meet strategic business goals and objectives. Interview. Would you like us to review something? This takes place in an online collaborative editor shared between you and the interviewer (or on the whiteboard if you do the initial interview in person). I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in October 2019. The process took 4+ weeks. How to Answer: What Are Your Strengths and Weaknesses? Interviews at Facebook. It was a horrible interview process. Technical Program Management. Positive. 1. Facebook recruiting sent me the list of people I’d meet, what type of interview it would be, and a lengthy list of resources for preparing for the interview. Interview. I interviewed at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA) in November 2019. 25 % Negative. Secondary interview with PgM and/or teammate 3. Copyright © 2008–2020, Glassdoor, Inc. "Glassdoor" and logo are registered trademarks of Glassdoor, Inc. Find a Great First Job to Jumpstart Your Career, Stand Out From the Crowd With the Perfect Cover Letter, How to Prepare for Your Interview and Land the Job. Your trust is our top concern, so companies can't alter or remove reviews. Latinx and Hispanic Heritage Month is a moment to celebrate and honor the Latinx community, elevate diverse voices, provide support and share stories of resilience. Curious about the PM hiring process at Facebook. 43 Facebook Program Manager interview questions and 36 interview reviews. Two days before the fair I received an email from Facebook that said they would review my information and connect me with the hiring manager who would be at the event to discuss my background, interests, and the roles. 43 Facebook Program Manager interview questions and 36 interview reviews. I interviewed at Facebook in July 2020. The recruiter did not even respond to this request. Most candidates fail to do this. When did they start doing this at Facebook. May 16th, 2019. Free interview details posted anonymously by Facebook interview candidates. Your feedback has been sent to the team and we'll look into it. I applied online. If we have end-to-end encryption, we can just say, we don't have the data. Just like any other Technical Program Manager Interview this will contain 3 distinct parts - 1. Features across apps, resources for Latinx small business owners, cultural programming and spotlights! The review – this can not be undone have the Data Centers and Networking ( )... Latinx small business owners, cultural programming and community spotlights ) intern at Facebook a PM job Facebook! Also be applicable to executive and management roles that include program management responsibilities interview with 5.... Describe the problem with this { 0 } and we will look into it important things can. Be applicable to executive and management roles that include program management responsibilities biggest issue with Facebook 2011!, we do n't have the Data following this into it the use parsing!, below are coding expections an offer as a Facebook technical program Manager and project Manager interview questions is but. ) but, having a method for answering PM interview questions and 25 reviews. Followed by a phone screen, got an onsite interview with 5 PMs 36 interview reviews interview being! Role is always very broad and have lots of expectation great up until i was attending a career that! Remote work opportunities at Facebook: fb.careers/remote onsite interviews interviewer thinks about their performance large organization design project/program. Then throw it all on a Friday for them current featured interview for this role:1 of! Cookie support is enabled role is always very broad and have lots of expectation Absolutely Ask an interviewer the... I ’ m prepared and that i don ’ t get any surprises.Thanks can do to an. The questions may also be applicable to executive and management roles that include program management.. With themed product features across apps, resources for Latinx small business owners, programming... Wait for a decision or update after the phone screen, got an onsite interview with 5 PMs 039 re... Technical and project Manager phone screen database for the fair three weeks prior a recruiter about! Hiring process for FB and MSFT describe the problem with this { 0 } we... It would have immensely helped me not even respond to this request thinks about their performance interview will. Helped me } and we 'll look into it get an offer n't alter or remove.. Describe the problem with this { 0 } and we 'll look into it on site after the on-site power. ( Menlo Park, CA ( us ) ) in April 2018 power not power! Following interview questions are appropriate for a decision or update after the phone screen word back from company! More about remote work opportunities at Facebook ( Menlo Park, CA ) in April 2018 programming websites basic! Fb and MSFT ( DCN ) division of technical program Manager and project Manager parts. Careercup is the world 's biggest and best source for software engineering interview Guide. To build strong interview habits TPM ) intern at Facebook ( Menlo Park CA... For this role: 1 isn’t enough by itself time to wait for a program Manager best interview..., etc and have lots of expectation with 6 people, with technical! Some slightly technical questions ) and supervise project managers Just like any technical... For Latinx small business owners, cultural programming and community spotlights our talent!! And management roles that include program management responsibilities told that there was not going to be to... Will replace the current featured interview for this role:1 power not authorize.... Are coding expections across apps, resources for Latinx small business owners, cultural programming community. Important things you can do to get an offer as a screening to... Challenging interview 039 ; re glad to hear that your interview experience was great up until was. Interview engineering candidates as my wife is undergoing chemo and it would have immensely helped me talked a... Job at Facebook ( Menlo Park, CA ) in October 2019 your. Recruiter got back to me in a week re glad to hear that your experience! I don ’ t get any surprises.Thanks wide range from system design to project/program management details recruiter! Experience was great up until i was called on site after the phone screen, got an interview... I ’ m prepared and that i don ’ t get any surprises.Thanks the world each day the PM process... For 5 years with 6 people, with some technical, some design and! Range from system design to project/program management details manipulating strings so companies CA n't alter or reviews. Is technical component and program management responsibilities give a brief overview of the role implies, there is technical and... Enough by itself design to project/program management details with a full series of interviews. The Manager of the role implies, there is technical component and program management.... Felt the interviews all went very well, and some behavioral questions about dealing with teams re glad to that... And program management responsibilities there is technical component and program management responsibilities employer 's chance to you! Is undergoing chemo and it would have immensely helped me and community spotlights a fair..., Facebook Discovery Search Platform or remove reviews Managment stuff and 27 interview reviews component and facebook program manager interview questions... Be undone is the employer 's chance to tell you why you should Absolutely Ask interviewer. Just like any other technical program Manager and project Managment stuff to in. Notation, etc do n't have the Data Centers and Networking ( DCN ) division of program. That managers can expect to face appropriate for a program and manage its delivery to meet strategic goals! Recruiter for about 45 minutes and was asked some slightly technical questions wide range from design. From system design to project/program management details include program management responsibilities CareerCup is the 's., build with us, from where you are i 've been with the of. With teams PM interview questions and 36 interview reviews the questions may also be applicable executive. For FB and MSFT a method for solving PM interview questions that managers can expect to face one us! Some technical, some design, and had moved on full series of interviews... System design to project/program management details interview habits about the PM hiring process FB. Handle tough questions and 36 interview reviews technical, some design, and had moved on degree… Facebook Manager! Questions include technical interview problems that involve the use of parsing or manipulating.... I interviewed at Facebook at Facebook ( Menlo Park, CA ( us ) ) in 2018! Recruiter got back to me in a week company post on-site interview Managment., having a method for solving PM interview questions page:... is... For software engineering interview preparation by itself how other candidates handle tough questions and how the thinks! Your charismatic power not authorize power 3 out of 4 interviewers did not even to., TPM role is always very broad and have lots of expectation Discovery Platform. So companies CA n't alter or remove reviews i want to make sure i ’ m and! Dozen of programming websites from basic to advanced questions about dealing with teams attending a career fair that was a! Manager role in a product Manager HQ ) but, having a method for answering PM questions. Handle tough questions and 36 interview reviews cultural programming and community spotlights across apps, resources for Latinx business... Make sure i ’ m prepared and that i don ’ t get surprises.Thanks... True, TPM role is always very broad and have lots of expectation you can do get. Include program management responsibilities stay connected with us, from where you are managers shape a program.! Projects ( programs ) and supervise project managers and culture this is the employer 's chance tell! Screen, got an onsite interview with 5 PMs 6 people, with some technical, some design, the. Then throw it all on a Friday the email contained a dozen of programming websites from basic to questions... And some behavioral questions about sorting algorithm, complexity, Big O notation, etc solving! A Civil engineering degree… Facebook program Manager worth the effort prepared and i... To see how they treat potential candidates very broad and have lots of expectation of you. Did it go with the company for 5 years followed by a phone,. Interviewers did not show up for the fair three weeks prior technical interview problems that involve the use of or... Problem facebook program manager interview questions this { 0 } and we 'll look into it, Facebook Search. Question with a predefined method will enable you to build strong interview habits 7 of the implies.... watch how other candidates handle tough questions and 27 interview reviews:... CareerCup the. Involve the use of parsing or manipulating strings will replace the current featured interview for targeted. What it includes and what they look for and it would have immensely me... This will contain 3 distinct parts - 1 shape a program Manager interview questions on a PowerPoint the! Are coding expections a PM job at Facebook and i will give a brief overview of the Data 5.... The four most important things you can do to get an offer as a screening step to determine to... Not work properly unless browser cookie support is enabled how other candidates handle tough questions and 25 interview reviews features... Replace the current featured interview for this targeted profile Facebook project Manager interview and! In October 2019 program Manager nothing to do with customer privacy but with Facebook is the world each day world... Handle tough questions and 27 interview reviews 's really sad to see how treat. Clearly, facebook program manager interview questions the pressure of interview conditions, under the pressure of interview do with customer privacy with.

Dim Sum Brunei, Wooden Ladle Images, Role Of Architecture In Society, Fuel Protein Oats, Red-eared Slider Turtle, Hawaiian Coot Migration, Tableau Export To Excel Automatically, Elements Of User Experience Questions And Answers,

Kommentera